Sunday, February 6, 2011

Brother Death


It wasn't that long ago I got to do a sit down interview with Aussie artist Damen Samuel. As we spoke we talked a bit about his music and upcoming project for this year. Currently he's released a new track called "Brother Death." He also put out a video to accompany the song, Its been awhile since we talked so I asked him a few question about the song and get an update about his work.


Kaos Blac: How did the track come about?

Damen Samuel: Brother Death is basically about the balance between death and life.To make the most of every moment because you never know how much time you have left.Death is always just around the corner and watches each of your steps and that makes you appreciate each new day that you've been giving.


Kaos Blac: Since our last chat I seen you have made your way on to a record label, tell me about the transition.
Damen Samuel: Brother Death was actually recorded with 3 other songs in NYC before my move to Australia. Back then I only pressed a few dozens of copies and sold them at my gigs ... I never had a proper release. A friend of mine here in Melbourne started a label and he asked me about some material of mine to release on the label and that's how it happened.


Kaos Blac: What else do you have planned for 2011?

Damen Samuel: I'm currently working on new material to be released as an EP within the next 6 months and I probably going to put it out on my own again. I'm also going to do some more touring around Australia and more releases of my other music project Sound of Grey.



Without further delay, "Brother Death",

No comments: