Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Juan of the Dead


I'm a fan of the zombie genre, I can't count how many times I sit around with friends talking about our plans for the zombie apocalypse. Up until now most films that depict the hordes of the undead lurching onward in thir never ending thirst for brains and guts have been from mostly an anglo point of view, director, locations, main hero. That changes with Juan Of The Dead. This movie looks like a blast featuring characters such as trans person, La China, (I hope they don't over play his transition and sexuality to much); the prerequisite best friend Lazaro played is Jorge Molina, who just happens to also be a director of film and at Professor at Havana’s Escuela Internacional de Cine y Television. I can't wait till I get a chance to see it. I missed it while it was playing at the Havava Film Festival , hopefully it come around again in some form.

No comments: