Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Leon Grey


I'm so blessed to have grown up in a place where I have made connections that are more than the people on "da block". Take my former roommate Leon Grey, native of Chesapeake, Virginia; I met him what seems like ages ago in 2005, I think, well it was at a Tv On The Radio concert at prospect park. Even back then he had an energy to him. He was up here for a bit to hang out with his lady and I got him to come out to an Afro-Punk concert I was helping to promote. We became friends even with the distance between us. It wasn't until 2009 when, he and another friend of his at them time moved into a place up in Washington Height that I got to see a deeper side to his character. He's an artist, activist, writer and now emcee. Times have'd changed we're no longer roommates, but I follow his on going's from time to time as he checks in on me. I so proud of my bro and what he's doing and I want to share some of it with you. Check it out and be on the watch for more.


No comments: