Saturday, November 7, 2009

Eye Of The Creator...Wayneski

I've been absent from my blog for a bit, sorry, but I want to give you a quick fix with an artist that is awe inspiring, Wayneski. I made fast friends with Wayneski online and just want to share a bit of the artist and his works with you. Enjoy.






Kaos Blac: So who are you?


- Wayneski self portrait, oil on canvas
Wayneski: Good Day, I go by the name Wayneski. I got 26 years on me, born and raised in Long beach California. I’m a west coast boy longing to live on the east coast. I’m a drawing and painting major at Cal State Long Beach who inspires to become better at my craft. I’ve always had a fetish for creative things, It turns me on, It drives me, its food for my soul. I’ve always had my head in music and art and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Kaos Blac: How did you start to create your body work? What drives you to create?

Wayneski: Most of my work is inspired by things I grew up on. My body of work didn’t really start off cohesive, which is a problem I’m just now solving. I get pretty random ideas and I just create. In my first body of work that I started a few years ago, I took musicians such as Janelle Monet, and turned them into Sci-fi superheroes.


- Wayneski's Janelle Monae

- Illvia of band KUDU, Oil on canvas

I wanted to incorporate my love of music and my love for comic books and mesh them into one. I’m now working on a solid body of work based on Humans organic relationship to nature and the fact that we have these animalistic ways about us. Again I want to keep it a bit science fiction with the figures I paint and I’m also drawing inspiration from graffiti art. The things that drive me to create. Hmmmm! My love for the arts and the people who enjoy my work drives me to keep pushing things forward. Other creative and talented people also drive me or more inspire me.

Kaos Blac: What is your favorite medium to work with?




The medium that I work with is oils. I do want to start mixing it up in the future, but for now I’m sticking with the oils


Kaos Blac: Do you have any suggestions for people just starting out in the arts?


- Wayneski's studio with a work in progress.

Don’t get discouraged everyday bullshit Just stay true to what it is that you do. Surround yourself with solid people because these are the people you want network with as you go forth. Try to find time to practice and allow yourself to mess up. Don’t conform…allow yourself to be open minded to other people and their ideas…and be open minded with yourself. Do it because you love it, not because you think it’s going to give you a cool factor. I’ve seen many people who don’t know what the fuck they are doing.

5. Where can we find more of your stuff?



Myspace.com/mohawkboy777
http://www.afropunk.com/profile/WAYNE

No comments: